My Little Intro !!!

Hi there!!! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jotham Penalosa. I am 19 years old.


I am a first-year student at TUD (Technological University of Dublin) and I am studying Creative Digital Media. So far, I am enjoying the course a lot.


Now let me tell you more about myself. Let's start off with my hobbies, simple but can tell a lot about a person. I enjoy listening to music a lot, not any particular genre. It just depends on my mood.


Going on adventures with friends is probably my favorite hobby. I do enjoy nights out but i prefer to go out and explore and find a place to just relax and talk about everything.


I'm not really an athletic person and I don't take much interest in sports too, but I do go to the gym just to balance out all the unhealthy food and drinks I consume.


Haven't really had a favorite film until Joker had come out to the cinema. I particularly enjoyed this film because how it tackled the problem society impacts on some people and how unfair the world really is.

Image result for joker poster

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/08/28/joaquin-phoenix-dances-and-smiles-in-new-joker-posters


So now let's talk about food. It's hard to pick a favorite especially when it comes down to food but if I had to pick one, I would have to say pizza. I mean the combination of toppings is endless. From your plain cheesy margarita to something bizarre like tuna, egg and pineapple (not that I have tried that).


There isn’t much left about me to discuss. So, I guess this blogs purpose is to show you guys my daily go about in life as a student in hopes that you and everybody else who follow the blog can relate and enjoy another student’s journey in college and daily lifestyle.


Enjoy.

Friday 29 November 2019

Third Mission - Digital Journalism - Fake News

~Process~

So for our third and final mission for Semester 1 is on Methodology and the topic we have chosen for this project is Digital Journalism. So what is methodology, it says in the dictionary that it is " a system of methods used in a particular area of study or activity".

Our goal for this project is to create a video to identify a topic, investigate that topic, and tell a story he have agreed upon using different platforms for digital media. We knew that this project was going to take a lot of effort and work to complete properly. Finding partners was quite difficult straight away but thank fully I was able to find a group soon. We immediately started on the project. We are hoping that at the end of this project we are able to present a video that covers what the mission is asking us to do and to also get better at video editing using Premier Pro. Also hoping that the video is at the length of approximately five minutes.                               
                                                                                   
The tools we are going to use to tell the story are the apps Blogger and Snapchat and for editing we will be using Premier Pro. The information will be extracted through our research online. Other equipment we are planning to use is a camera for filming and our phones and of course a laptop/desktop for editing.

The section of digital journalism we are going to focus on is fake news. Fake news is seen everywhere on digital media and one of the most popular. We plan to come up with fake news that can be spread and show how fake new travels around to people as fast as proper news.

Each group is given Three weeks to complete this project. In the three weeks we are given we will split each process of the making in to three parts, the first week we will plan what the video will be about and how we are going to make it happen, the second week we will begin filming and we will use the ideas we had planned out in week one, week three will consist of the editing for the final product.





https://gph.is/1rqkFj1

No comments:

Post a Comment