My Little Intro !!!

Hi there!!! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jotham Penalosa. I am 19 years old.


I am a first-year student at TUD (Technological University of Dublin) and I am studying Creative Digital Media. So far, I am enjoying the course a lot.


Now let me tell you more about myself. Let's start off with my hobbies, simple but can tell a lot about a person. I enjoy listening to music a lot, not any particular genre. It just depends on my mood.


Going on adventures with friends is probably my favorite hobby. I do enjoy nights out but i prefer to go out and explore and find a place to just relax and talk about everything.


I'm not really an athletic person and I don't take much interest in sports too, but I do go to the gym just to balance out all the unhealthy food and drinks I consume.


Haven't really had a favorite film until Joker had come out to the cinema. I particularly enjoyed this film because how it tackled the problem society impacts on some people and how unfair the world really is.

Image result for joker poster

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/08/28/joaquin-phoenix-dances-and-smiles-in-new-joker-posters


So now let's talk about food. It's hard to pick a favorite especially when it comes down to food but if I had to pick one, I would have to say pizza. I mean the combination of toppings is endless. From your plain cheesy margarita to something bizarre like tuna, egg and pineapple (not that I have tried that).


There isn’t much left about me to discuss. So, I guess this blogs purpose is to show you guys my daily go about in life as a student in hopes that you and everybody else who follow the blog can relate and enjoy another student’s journey in college and daily lifestyle.


Enjoy.

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Second Mission - Selfie Culture

~Reflection~


The result of our presentation went according to what we had planned. I hope that the information that we have presented was in some way useful to the audience. We insured to face the audience rather than the screen to allow us to have full interaction with the audience.

In the span of seven days while working on this project i had gained more information about the selfie culture. I'm not saying that its the most useful information to have but its good to know the background of the selfie culture and how it also effect society and in some cases our mental health.
Knowing that selfies, especially the ones taken by celebrities, have a huge impact on people, but realising that millions of people adapt and follow trend brought out by big celebrities. This goes to show that selfies taken by a public figure can impact the way we dress, look, act, and maybe even control our emotions or mood. From this project I have learnt that selfies can allow people to connect through images of themselves by finding common interests, but it can also be bad for you if it is abused. Selfies are great, it can capture moments in life that convey stories and emotion, but losing yourself in the addiction of selfies from the attention you get in the media can be harmful in some cases.

The selfie culture was a great topic to study and present especially when the audience are college student that are in the age where they are the most active in that kind of culture. Topic that we covered allowed us to have the resources to have information that the audience can relate to and also learn form.

I'm happy with how well the presentation went as it was exactly as we hoped it be also I enjoyed the research that i went through. Though it wasn't all on the presentation, I was able to acquire information that could be added to my personal knowledge ( Just fill up some space in this empty skull I've got hahahahaha :') ).

Personally I think we could have done better if maybe we had a little more time (when I mean little I mean two or three days more time). I guess co-operation was good but i think a little more of communication would have done the trick to have a solid teamwork but working with the group was no trouble in fact it was great. Also maybe also we could have gone over the presentation a little bit more so that we had the PowerPoint fully covered.





https://gph.is/1rJ8rBD

No comments:

Post a Comment